Rose Villa continually supports residents and staff to remain as safe as possible throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Our primary goal is to ensure our infection control policies, procedures, and practices directly contribute to preventing the spread of COVID-19 within our resident and staff populations. We truly area all in this together.
Coronavirus Response Team
Rose Villa’s Coronavirus Response Team provides leadership and guidance to residents and staff to support the health and safety of all community members. This team continually assesses new information about COVID-19 including virus movement and evolution, PPE use, distancing protocol, COVID-19 education, quarantine, testing, vaccination, and more. Decisions are made following Gov. Brown’s directives and guidance from the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Clackamas County Public Health.
Ensuring that COVID-19 does not take hold and spread within our community has been at the forefront of everything we do. Vigilance will continue until we have assurance that CODIV-19 is no longer a threat to the health and safety of residents and staff:
- Our campus is closed to anyone who does not live or work here with one exception*. *Independent living residents may have an essential visitor in their own home to assist with activities of daily living, with distancing and masks highly encouraged.
- An open-air room specifically designed to support COVID-19 safety protocols is available for residents who live in the Madrona Grove Supportive Living neighborhood to visit with friends and family.
- Our restaurants are closed to communal dining. Carryout or delivery only.
- Group wellness and life enrichment classes and meetings are held on Zoom.
- In-person gatherings are limited to no more than six people from two households, with masks and distancing required. No food or beverage may be consumed while meeting.
- Staff are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before the start of their shift, including a temperature check.
- Staff are required to wear face masks. Eye protection is required in some departments or campus wide as necessary.
- Residents are required to wear face masks outside of their own home or they must remain farther than 12-feet from someone when outside (as in working in the garden or walking for fitness).
- Physical distancing and frequent handwashing/sanitizing is required by all.
- Stringent, frequent cleaning of all common areas across campus is our policy and practice.
- New residents must quarantine for 14 days upon occupancy.
- Residents and staff who may become symptomatic are supported to receive COVID-19 tests, quarantine guidance, and follow-up.
- Rose Villa has developed a generous COVID-19 Sick Pay Policy which supports staff to be off work if COVID-19 infection is suspected or confirmed.
- Rose Villa supports making vaccines available to all staff and residents.
In conjunction with Oregon’s vaccination roll out plan, Rose Villa has held three vaccination clinics. All staff as well as all long-term care residents had the opportunity to receive the vaccine. A small group of Independent Living residents were also vaccinated as a result of Governor Brown’s change in policy just 2 days prior to one of our vaccine clinics.
Being vaccinated is one more big step toward a solution to end the pandemic. However, we are not there yet. We must continue to be vigilant in keeping COVID-19 out of our community. This means our strict infection control practices and campus-wide guidelines will remain in place for the foreseeable future.
We can draw strength from the fact that we have supported older adults since 1960, and it is the fortitude and interdependence of our community that has helped us weather tough times. As an independent nonprofit, Rose Villa leadership makes decisions right here, with the well-being of every community member as a guidepost. Always treating residents and staff with dignity and respect.
We will get through this, and it will be because we worked together to keep our community as safe and healthy as possible.
If you have additional questions, you are encouraged to reach out anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org